Sharing how “The Johnsons” vlog started. Many people believe that long distance relationships are never going to work out. Your family may discourage it, and some of your best friends may advise you not to take it too seriously, in case you get your heart broken, but after one year of long distance relationship, Steve, [...]
It's been a while since I posted. I am not as prolific as my husband as one of the fellow bloggers observed. I just want to share that these past few months, I was busy growing and nourishing a human being. It's true that you can create your birth plans but you can never predict [...]
My father, John Gokongwei Jr., started out as an entrepreneur at age 13, after his father died. He sold friend peanuts cooked in garlic, and dreamt of one day having enough money to bring his brothers and sisters back to The Philippines. They had been sent to China after his father passed away.
When Dad was 15, he got on his bicycle every day to head to the marketplace to sell thread, soap, candles, and other things he felt people needed. He woke up earlier than anybody else and worked longer than anybody else. He dreamt of being the biggest salesman in the market place.
After saving up money from buying and selling these wares, Dad dreamt bigger, and bought passage on a small boat called a batel to head to Manila. He dreamt of becoming one of the biggest traders in Manila.
Today at age 90, Dad is still…
View original post 407 more words
Have you ever heard of the term "pregnancy brain"? It refers to the pregnancy-induced brain fog that is caused by my hormones - at the expense of a peegnant woman's memory. I didn't realize that feeling like a complete idiot is part of being pregnant! A lack of quality sleep due to the size [...]
Naming a child is such a big responsibility for it is the first thing in an individual's identity. Giving your child a name that is well thought of is one of the first expressions of your love as a parent. How many times do we hear people complain about their names and come up with [...]
Life is made up of an infinite sum of choices. Most choices, such as what you’ll eat for lunch nowadays, are little and as it were somewhat impactful, but it’s the huge decisions - the ones that can alter your life forever - those are extreme to make. If you choose to stand up to [...]
The universe is overwhelmingly made up of things that cannot be seen. In fact, the stars, planets and galaxies that can be detected make up only 4 percent of the universe, according to astronomers. The other 96 percent is made up of substances that cannot be seen or easily comprehended - but how can it [...]